Friday, July 25, 2008

30 days and counting.

Thursday:

45 min bike to work. About eight miles - it's really hilly for thelast four miles. I ordered another bike computer so I can start breaking into splits (there are some slow parts b/c of traffic). But the good (or bad) part is that the ride to work is all up hill once Ihit Virginia, and on the way home, it's all uphill once I hit DC. So technically, I'm going to be getting my ass kicked no matter which wayI ride.

Run after work - I'm still building my run times. I'm at pyramids right now of 2 on, 4 off, 3 on, 4 off, 2 on. I'm not doing any speed work this week, just trying to up my distance. So far the knee feels good, but a little tender. I iced and stretched with my bands last night.

Friday:
Swim - 45 minutes. Ouch. Warmed up with 100, then 200 mixing it up plus kickboard. Did decents 300, 200, 100. Then four sprint 25M moderateX25M Sprint. 30 sec rest between. 30 seconds never felt so short. I still can't control my breathing for longer than 50 m at a time - I want to breathe every other stroke, but my body can't take it for longer than two laps.

Then I did 4 sets of 50 with the pull buoys and cooled down with 100.

By the end of it I was convinced I was going to drown in the race. But I'll get back in on Sunday and hopefully I'll feel stronger.

My plan for the weekend is to bike the course tomorrow with a short transition run and then spend Sunday in the pool. I'll report in howit goes. Also, I realized that I left my brand new snazzy water bottle in theshower at the pool. Damnit.

I have so much energy and am so cheerful right now, it's disguising. I *hate* it when the morning people are right. I'm sulking into my much-needed-well-earned latte.

No comments: