Tuesday, July 22, 2008

32 days and counting

oh god. oh god. oh god.

32 days. Full on panic has been setting in. I'm desperately afraid to get hurt again, but I'm totally panicked to go in so unprepared. And you would think that the bike and the swim would make me sweat bullets. But no -- it's the fact that I am currently running only in 3 minute intervals that's waking me up at night.

I actually ran outside this weeekend - it was brutally hot in New York City. But I did my one minute, two minute, one minute builds. And I admit I pushed that two out to more like three. I felt great. So today I got on the treadmill and I started at two minutes, 3 min, two and my RIGHT knee started getting all this attitude. I can't tell if it's a injury twinge or just a man-you-haven't-been-running twinge. But I was injured on my left side, so who knows what's up with that.

This weekend I'm finally in town so my plan it to the throw the bike in the car and go out and take a look at this course in Maryland. I can't decide whether to bring my road bike or my mountain bike. Maybe my mountian bike since I'm planning to just tool around (for 17.5 miles) and then doing a baby baby run.

Here's my schedule up to Vacay-2008:

Tuesday: Mini run.

Wednesday: Bike home from work. Leave car at office.

Thursday: Bike to work (car transfer is getting increasingly difficult since I hate taking the metro to work with a burning passion). Pick up car. Mini run at lunch.

Friday: Pool time (might try morning swim - have this crazy idea that it might be helpful.)

Saturday: Ride course in Maryland/transition run

Sunday: Back in the pool - be sore and grouchy from saturday ride.

Monday: Ride to work/ride home from work.

Tuesday: Run

Wednesday: Go to Caribbean -- take day off.

Thursday, July 30th - August 5th: Run as much as possible. Eat lots of good food. Drink fun drinks. Swim swim swim.

August 6th: Face Reality. Panic. Realize that there are only 18 days left until race. Work self to death until August 20th. Then tell everyone i'm tapering until race day.

So far that's my plan.

No comments: